Saturday, September 17, 2011

On 'fast' track, Modi hails Gujarat model

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi began his three 'sadbhavna' fast for peace and harmony in Ahmedabad 
New Delhi: Playing to the gallery, invoking growth, development and communal harmony that Gujarat has achieved in his 10-year-long reign, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi began his three 'sadbhavna' fast for peace and harmony in Ahmedabad on Saturday.
The Gujarat Chief Minister, whose fast coincides with his 62nd birthday today, started the day by seeking his mother's blessings. As Modi made a pitch for the national stage, top BJP leaders leaders including LK Advani and Arun Jaitley attend the show of strength.
"I have never celebrated my birthday. This is the only day of the year I don't meet anyone, I don't talk to anyone, I don't celebrate my birthday. But because Saturday and Sunday was convenient, that's why I chose this day, this has got nothing to do with my birthday," said Modi as he began his fast. Read More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment